• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1884 CC maybe Vam 4B

8 posts in this topic

hello I got this 1884 CC in a GSA case at a auction and I think I have the Vam figured out as a Vam 4B. Could you check me and give a guess at the grade, pic gave me a hard time on this one, I guess being in the case was the problem using nikon coolpick on tri.Detal pics done with usb microscope veho vms-004 deluxe. i used photoscap software (free for download not bad)

Thanks

Daniel

dandysc1884_cc_OBV.jpg

dandysc1884_CC_REV.jpg

dandysc1884_cc_date.jpg

dandysc1884_cc_pin_wing.jpg

dandysc1884_cc_clashed_E.jpg

Yep, it looks just like mine! I can also see the remnants of the die clash from the wreath along her lips. Your photo doesn't show it, but does yours have a diagonal die scratch from the eagle's right leg feathers (viewer's left) toward the leaves of the olive branch?

I'd say it's a solid 64.

Chris

I'd say it's a solid 64.

Chris

What about the damaged rims on the reverse? Do you not see those as being problematic?

Those are the small black tabs in the GSA holder to keep the coin in place.

Chris

Chris is absolutely correct. If you take a look at a few GSA holders, there is no mistaking the fact that those are part of the holder.

I'd say it's a solid 64.

Chris

What about the damaged rims on the reverse? Do you not see those as being problematic?

Chris

Thanks for telling me this; I've never bought a Carson City mint Morgan Dollar outside of a slab so I didn't know.

I'd say it's a solid 64.

Chris

Chris

Thanks for telling me this; I've never bought a Carson City mint Morgan Dollar outside of a slab so I didn't know.

No big deal!

If you ever get a chance to go to a coin show (big or small shouldn't matter) most dealers who have Morgans usually have a few CC's in the GSA cases. Check them out.

Chris