• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 1974 Dime with a drop on the cheek Call It Roosevelt's Tear Image (Update)

7 posts in this topic

I have been collecting for 20+yrs and I wanted to present a dime I haven't come across any the many yrs I've been collecting. There is a drop on the cheek of the dime and was wanting to know if anyone has seen such of thing? I came to you guy's first before getting a dealer to look at it any info about this dime would be greatly appricated. the image givin is not a good one I had to darken it to beable to see it. Before getting a dealer to look at it any info about this dime would be greatly appricated.

114226.jpg.975e7af7cd96b8187383c18cb327b1db.jpg

114230.jpg.084862db3ac75e69dc1fdf78404ca7a4.jpg

It appears to be just discoloration. If it's actually raised metal it may be a mint error, but it doesn't look quite right to me for that to be the case.

looks like the holder its in ( or was in prior ) had a pin hole in the mylar. You see this same exact black marking on many silver and nickel clad coins when local air contaminants make it past the mylar.

-Chris#2