• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hey arch, if your around

31 posts in this topic

Hey gp, first of all it is "Hey arch, if you're around" not your. Anyways...

You're the weenie who BS about your green POS jetta that is super fast! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Nice 1 star rating by the way. wink.gif Keep up the good work.

Hey GP...Please chill out as we are not all weenies and I resent that implication. I have respect for coin collectors as much as the next person. If you have a problem with specific posters I believe it would be best to PM the moderator instead of publicly grouping all of us as one morally decrepit entity.

I have edited this post in order to make amends too Arch for me responding in a childish manner and I shall now post only in a responsible manner. Just be assured that my hobby as a comic collector also deserves respect, and I expect you to honor that, as I will respond and defend my fellow collectors.

Happy Holidays to you and all fellow posters. smile.gif

think there is anything that can be done about the comics weenies that seem to be crapping on several of the coin threads?

OMG.........did you just tattle on comic collectors?............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........what are you guys........5th graders?..........LMFAO smirk.gif

I wouldnt call it tattling. I dont have the power to ban or move users/posts, arguing with the comic guys is not going to clean up all the poop being left all over the coin forums. The water cooler is there for those type of threads and posts.

Sure there are more comic guys than coin guys (taking your word here, never actually looked) but that doesnt mean you should run around crapping all over the other forums, driving away potential new users to those forums. when they see the stupid stuff posted all over.

If you fellas want to have a physical fight, well enough, I am in NJ, let me know when you are in the area. Otherwise, why not play nice and stop pooping all over the coin forum, thank you.

and have a Merry Christmas grin.gif

"...driving away potential new users to those forums"

Not here to attack...just some advice. One of your coin buddies made a great suggestion to you guys in the comics section. He stated that you guys do a good job of driving away new users on your own. Here's the page check it out. some good advice

Snooty?

ahhh I see (assuming you are talking about lighthouses post)

Yeah, i would love to see more posts of that style as well, but unfortunately, this forum hasnt gotten to that point yet. NGC's major competitor PCGS has had a message board for a long time now, which has that kind of atmosphere. Many of the coin posters here also post there, so the "lifestyle" threads tend to stay over there for now. I am sure over time this forum will start to get more and more like a community, but for now it is in a growing stage so to speak. But at the same time, the size and speed it is makes it a lot easier to find the coin posts, in the other forum, you can refresh the page all day and the top posts will always be different. Can be very frustrating for us working stiffs who dont have all day to read and catch up with the action.

I have to admit being envious of the comic forum sometimes. It started out even slower than the coin forum, but as of late has really gotten large and seems to be growing in many ways! smile.gif so yeah yeah I am a newbie comic collector (you didnt hear that from me) wink.gif

I really hope the two forums can work out a truce and stop this class warfare. I think we can both learn something from the other. I really didnt want to start this thread, but couldnt stop myself. I saw all these new posts in this room and got excited, then they were all comic guys in here making derogatory comments towards the coin guys, and just pooping in the threads, and I went over the edge.

I am hoping to get the heck out of here soon, so have a Happy Holiday!

Sorry about the confusion. I'll just go ahead and paste it here: (chrisfuccione)

"I've been off the boards for about the last month and a half due to a move and trying to wait for broadband to come to my area. Well I gave up and got dial up again(YUCK !!!). The last few nights I've been tring to play catch up on my feading on both coin and comic boards.

I saw Lighthouse's post and I had to reply. Most of you know I am a coin collector and a comic book reader. I've also have noticed the diffrence in the tone of the two difrent boards. Where this board tends to be geared to the topice concerning the general collector and the coin side tends to be more techinal stuff dealing with the coins and they tend to not have many collector topics. At times I find that very bothersome because are we(the coin guys) being elitest in our thinking and in doing so are we scaring away newbies and non collectors who are the future of the hobby?

There are a few reasons I can think of on the top of my head on why there are diffrent type of topics on the boards.

1) Alot of the people on the coin side came over from PCGS boards because of all the flaming and in fighting.

2) there are alot more coin discustion boards than comic boards.

3) It seems that the comic collectors are younger. Alot of the coin people forget what it is to be a newbie and tend to get frustrated at them

4)The coin collectors have been collecting longer and tend to specilise more in one or two series. As a result get two people talikng about seated dimes I would even get lost after a while because I don't collect seated dimes.

CHRIS

(chrisfuccione)

Rick I know your only half joking but you see my point about how it seems that they have an elitist attitude. I would hate to see a new collector going over ther and asking about statehood quarters. I belive a few of the regulars would be laughing thier heads off and making fun of what they collect. The only things that will do is stroke thier egos (the board member) and scare away a new collector. CHRIS

There ya go. wink.gif

ahhhh

hmmm good points. (yeah, cant think of anything else to say here) wink.gif Will have to see if we can do something about that for the new year!

so whos gonna get me an X-men #28 for cheap? wink.gifgrin.gif

so yeah yeah I am a newbie comic collector (you didnt hear that from me)

Oooooo! So where did you start? What got you started, specifically? What are you reading now??

(This is the kind of stuff we need more of! Converted comic collectors, that is, not interesting posts with valid points to be made.)