• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Rare And The Strange : Are Sample Slabs Getting Scarce?

8 posts in this topic

alan

one of the best sample slab articles i have read in A REALLY LONG TIME

also most of the information i read was new information for me which is a first for sample slab articles

and i liked the information on the most commonly seen selling sample slabs and it also jives with my own experiences as such and so you confirmed my information

liked the photos and information on the multi slab ngc luncheon slabs and how many where made along with that sample ngc guitar "coin" slab

i always expect a good article from you based on what i read in your other articles but this one was outstanding

:applause: (thumbs u :applause:

Hi zboyle04

Well when you are talking Peace or Morgan dollars, you have two things

to consider. First the fact that they are 90% silver, and second they are an expensive coin to begin with. On average a good quality Peace dollar can

sell in the hundreds, but the sample Peace dollars I have seen usualy go for well over one hundred. Now if you are referring to the Peace dollar with a buy it now for $88.00 then I think that is a very good price.

In fact the Peace dollar does not come up that often, and remember this is a dealer only sample so the number produced would be quite small.

So if you can get a Peace dollar for $88.00 you have got yourself a very good deal.

Alan.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the great comments.

It makes it all worthwhile,and encourages me to keep writing.

All the best

Alan

i believe that sample slabs are getting scarcer

how do i know this??

by my experiences as i am seeing less and less of them for sale year after year and of course i mean the older ones

i dont know what is happening?/ maybe lots of silver pieces are being broken out as silver has gotten rahter high lately 40-51 dollar sper ounce and currently it is at almost 41 per ounce and quite a rebound from its drop

i do think silver will top out at around 150-190 an ounce by 2015-2016 after that who knows

ask me in 4 years or so if i live that long lol