• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if we see a registry user copying certification numbers off of eBay...

4 posts in this topic

...is there a place to report that? Does NGC care?

I don't want to run around tattling on people, but it kinda ruins the Registry when members who don't own certain coins simply copy certification numbers off of eBay auctions and add those coins to their registry, skewing the rankings.

It's not something I go around looking for, just noticed a distinct picture of a rarer coin from an auction that I'm watching pop up in a set recently. This registry user gives no indication that they are the dealer, and I didn't think dealers would add coins they are actively selling to a registry set anyway.

So yeah, if there's a link or email, I'll send the info over, and if not, no worries. I understand policing something like that might take more man hours than it's worth. But I also know the integrity of the registry is important to many.

Okay, after reading through his past journals, I can confirm that registry user is in fact the dealer who has the coin listed for sale. He listed it for sale before even receiving the holdered coin back from NGC, so he never intended on keeping it, which is what threw me off. But, whatever. Sorry for the red flag, it was my mistake.