• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 For a Day or Two - 21st Century Type Set, Proofs Only posted by MVCoins

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

How I Beat the NGC Scoring System (sort of) and Achieved Sole #1 Status for a few Days!

Thanks to a quirk of NGC fate the scores for coins in the 21st Century Type Set, Proofs Only were suddenly changed. With a bit of quick thinking I saw the minor change NGC had made in scoring, for no apparenent reason. I quickly moved around the coins I already owned and Bingo I achieved Sole #1 Status, well for a few days. NGC caught their mistake in scores, changed it back and now I am back to sharing #1 status with the pack. It was fun for the few days it lasted. I even mailed myself a picture to document the fleeting moment.

9131.jpg

See more journals by MVCoins

Come play in the "21st Century Type Set, Non-Proofs" registry set. There is always more separation in the non-proof modern sets as not every coin is attainable in PF70UC status! Or at least make a Non-proofs and Proofs set? There's a bit more separation there.

Happy collecting!