• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help identify Conder Token??

7 posts in this topic

Hello all. I'm new to the world of Conder Tokens, and I haven't taken the leap to invest in the D&H classification book or the PDF version of it.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me definitively identify the token below. It has been graded and slabbed by NGC, but the person I purchased it from told me that the attribution (D&H #) was incorrect. I'm attaching what the Label says, and my best attempt at decent pictures (I'm still working to improve my photos!).

Thanks a bunch!

113932.jpg.099614cac4a1539554253dd1797e5755.jpg

113933.jpg.e2ec0b434effa9c42aadfd5a1142c1b8.jpg

First of all your photos are excellent.

The seller was correct and NGC did label it incorrectly.

There are three versions of this token.

1) The D&H-40 (scarce) is dated 1796.

2) The D&H-41 (rare) is dated 1797 and lacks the stars before and after the legend.

3) The D&H-42 (common) is also dated 1797 and has two stars before and after the legend.

So you actually have a D&H-42 in mint state condition.

PS - The NumisMaster D&H PDF "book" is definitely worth the money, and allows you to keep a "copy" at home and at work. I recommend it without reservations. Probably the best money I ever spent! :grin:

Numismater has a version of D&H now? I've seen two other commercial PDF versions of the book and one downloadable scanned version but I was not aware of one from Numismater.

First of all your photos are excellent.

The seller was correct and NGC did label it incorrectly.

There are three versions of this token.

1) The D&H-40 (scarce) is dated 1796.

2) The D&H-41 (rare) is dated 1797 and lacks the stars before and after the legend.

3) The D&H-42 (common) is also dated 1797 and has two stars before and after the legend.

So you actually have a D&H-42 in mint state condition.

PS - The NumisMaster D&H PDF "book" is definitely worth the money, and allows you to keep a "copy" at home and at work. I recommend it without reservations. Probably the best money I ever spent! :grin:

Even though it's common, I hope I didn't get robbed by paying $100 for it. ;) Seemed like a pretty fair price for a piece of history this old and in this good of shape. Thanks so much for your clarification and details. VERY Helpful!!!

It is almost impossible to find a MS Conder token for under $100 anymore. That is for ANY MS grade. (And to think a little over 10 years ago I was able to buy them for $20 or less.)

I bought the NumisSource online PDF of the D&H classification and it really an awesome resource. I think it's like 770 pages, and very well put together. It was $75 and came with 5 additional high resolution files for certain areas (e.g., Middlesex). I think that's the PDF HiHo is referring to.

I bought the NumisSource online PDF of the D&H classification and it really an awesome resource. I think it's like 770 pages, and very well put together. It was $75 and came with 5 additional high resolution files for certain areas (e.g., Middlesex). I think that's the PDF HiHo is referring to.

Yes, that is the one. It knew it was Numis-Something... :whistle:

I appreciate the fact that I can keep a copy at home, a copy at work and a copy on a USB thumb drive as a backup. I also like that NumisSource provides both a standard resolution version for quick searches and a high resolution version to check details. Both for one price. And I can easily print certain sections.

I may be a little confused but I know a good thing when I see it. :grin:

PS - Brandon, if you ever want to sell that token for $100 you have a buyer, OK?