• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1945 Nickel .... Die Crack???

4 posts in this topic

Does anbody know the Known Die Cracks for the 1945 D Nickel.... I looked on Varietynickels.com but Did not find anything on it...

Here is a picture ... Judge yourself..... Any help is appreicated.

459463-1945NickCrack.jpg

459463-1945NickCrack.jpg.dbea647fc3d22b28f244eab51ae2caf9.jpg

As far as I know, there is no listing that specifically covers die cracks. There are just too many variations and possible other explanations for such as your nickel exhibits. Also, there really is no premium to most coins that have them. Interesting, but no added value.

David

Thx.. I did not figure there would be much a premium if any at all.... but still something you don't see everyday on a nice high grade coin... Looks MS66 to me but I am not an expert...

Dave is correct. Die cracks on Jeffersons, particularly war era nickels, can not be catagorized because they are random thing. If die cracks interest you try searching for "retained CUD" errors, which is a die crack from RIM to RIM whereas the die has only cracked and not actually broken away (creating a CUD). At this time I do not know of any retained CUDS on war era nickel specimins but would certainly like to see one.

Regards,