• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks to PCGS..... FULL BELL LINES FOR EVERYONE!

3 posts in this topic

I know the difference between PCGS and NGC grading of FBL on Franklins has been discussed many times. I know that NGC's FBL could mean that the strike on a Franklin could be stronger then that of a PCGS graded FBL. But I think it is time that the grading difference be better addressed by NGC in order to highlight that their coins are graded to a higher strike standard because PCGS has a case of "FBL Gone Wild".

I was looking at Teletrade's next week Wednesday auction. There is 18 PCGS 1954D FBL and 27 PCGS 1955 FBL on that one auction alone. There is not a single NGC FBL for any date in that auction, and if I recall, there has not been a NGC FBL for sometime.

What do you think of a change in the registry concerning NGC vs PCGS? Right now, they are equal in points when they should be a premium on NGC.

My 2 cents...

Tanman

While NGC tends to be tougher than PCGS on FBL, PCGS tends to be tougher than NGC for technical grades on Franklins (I'd say on the order of 1/4 - 1/2 a point, e.g. if you averaged a whole bunch of coins of a given grade, let's say a near gem to gem coin, for a given date/mm the average NGC score would be MS65 and PCGS would be MS64.5 - MS64.75.