• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birth of another Saville

3 posts in this topic

If all goes well, our ranks will swell by one tomorrow.

I have a grandson that is due to be born tomorrow.

I find myself wondering what kind of legacy he is being born into.

I have decided to put together a set of coins for him with an explanation for each.

Here is my list;

1955-S Lincoln Penny MS67

My first uncirculated Lincoln was given to me by my father, and is the corner stone of my collection. It remains ungraded, but I consider it the most valuable coin in my collection. The MS67 is (to my understanding) the highest grade for that coin. It still doesn't compare to the value of mine, but we have to start somewhere.

A worn out peace dollar, date illegible.

My grandfather used to carry one in his pocket and gave it to me one day on a whim. It too, I still have. I pick it up and I remember...

MS69 2011 Silver Eagle

Again with the silver dollar, but with his birth year.

I had 4 SBA dollars that a lady gave to me after she saw me do a good deed for another. She told me that it should not go unrewarded. Three have gone to my sons and son-in-law. The last should go to him.

4 unremarkable coins that have so much meaning to me. Even if he never appreciates the symbolism involved, it will be good to store them away for him. They, also, help me to remember;

Family

Legacy

Future

Honesty

What more can I give him?

See more journals by Captain Clipon

All the best Jerry,

I've also been considering what legacy to leave my grandson in coin and I'm excited at the prospect of sharing my love of coins with him. I've collected raw coins of all types along with some silver commemoratives in the hopes of sharing them with him someday.

best of luck tomorrow,

Larry

What a cool legacy for your Grandson. Just add your passion for Numismatics and he'll be on the way to giving his own Grandchild a thoughtful gift. Perhaps the worn Silver Dollar.