• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the greatest waste of slab plastic you have ever seen?

12 posts in this topic

Disregarding sample slabs, which serve a useful purpose, what is the most worthless coin you have ever seen in a serious quality TPG slab?

Thanks,

TD

I just spotted this one yesterday, though someone seems to think the plastic is quite valuable.

1956-D Lincoln

I think the dealer is using it to draw people in to look at his other items.

A 1964 PO-1 Kennedy half dollar, post pocket piece or tumbled. I guess for the owner it might have been sentimental, but I just don't get moderns in PO-1 plastic.

Far too many to list. Most slabbed modern and especially Bullion I find rather idiotic. But, hey, like I said in the CAC thread...to each their own.

jom

Anything dated prior to 1805 --- these need to be held by the edges of the coin to understand their greatness.

While I understand your though behind this I for one wish everything before 1805 was in plastic to prevent damage by people not knowing what they are doing.