• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are there three slots each for State Quarters and DC and Territory types?

5 posts in this topic

Could someone please explain why there are three slots in the type set category for the following coins?

Statehood quarters 1999 – 2008

“25c Washington, Statehood 1999-2008” (What is this? Why is it there?)

“25c Washington, Statehood Clad 1999-2008”

“25c Washington, Statehood Silver 1999-2008”

DC and US Territory quarters 2009

“25c DC and US Territory quarters 2009” (What is this? Why is it there?)

“25c DC and US Territory quarters Clad 2009”

“25c DC and US Territory quarters Silver 2009”

I understand that there are clad quarters and 90% silver quarters, but what is the first type which has neither “silver” nor “clad” in the title? Why is it there as a required coin? What coin do you buy to fill that slot?

Bill, I think they meant to delete that slot when they deleted it from the America the Beautiful series. They didn't have the Clad slots before, only silver and the unspecified one you listed above as the problem slot. I asked for the Clad slot specifically on the ATB quarters, and they added it for all the modern quarters, but only deleted the unspecified slot for the ATB, not the Washington or Statehood. I think it's a simple over sight.

I'd like to get back to 100% complete. If there is a slot there that I can't fill, that's not possible. I don't want to have to buy any more quarters than I have to buy.

Guest Jerica
Could someone please explain why there are three slots in the type set category for the following coins?

Statehood quarters 1999 2008

25c Washington, Statehood 1999-2008 (What is this? Why is it there?)

25c Washington, Statehood Clad 1999-2008

25c Washington, Statehood Silver 1999-2008

DC and US Territory quarters 2009

25c DC and US Territory quarters 2009 (What is this? Why is it there?)

25c DC and US Territory quarters Clad 2009

25c DC and US Territory quarters Silver 2009

I understand that there are clad quarters and 90% silver quarters, but what is the first type which has neither silver nor clad in the title? Why is it there as a required coin? What coin do you buy to fill that slot?

Hi BillJones,

I do apologize for the confusion. The extra slots were meant to be deleted and got over looked. The extra slots have now been deleted and are only given two different slots for each categorty; silver and clad. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Yep, like the man said, It was an oversight. This is the New list of sets(thanks to your message):

D.C. and U.S. Territories Quarters 2009, Mint State

D.C. and U.S. Territories Quarters 2009, Proof

D.C. and U.S. Territories Quarters 2009, First Day of Mintage