• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 out of 16 vanish off my TeleTrade Tracking List posted by hunter's gold

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

What are the odds of that?

I had 16 Lincoln Memorials that I was tracking on TeleTrade tonight and before the auction is even 4 hours old, Poof, gone and vanish go 15 of them. I know they have the right to set reserves on coins and I have no problem with that, but "Wow" what are the odds of that? Time to go out back and enjoy the lake. As always, thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

9049.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

Yup

Gotta love it when I'm the winning bidder at the end of the auction with more in my max bid to raise and the coin disapears only to re apear three weeks later

Teletrade home of vanishing coins and hidden reserves

I use a lot of the auction sites and never had a coin disappear during a live auction. Before and after yes, which is still inexcusable but during a live auction, what the heck. I could not believe that all but one coin vanished before the auction was even 3 hours old. I commented some time back about TeleTrade pulling coins after auction end and this just proves that they either have a reserve or someone had a serious case of seller's remorse and opted to use their buy back clause. Willing to bet all these coins show up again soon.

I have seen a 2003-D Sacagawea Dollar graded MS68 by PCGS on Teletrade in recent months. The same serial number coin has shown up at least 4 different times since November of 2010. The opening bid is always $1250, and apparently they have had no takers. This coin has a PCGS pop of 41 / 0 and an NGC pop of 13 / 0 for a total population of 54 / 0. It is relatively hard to come by and to find, but apparently someone on Teletrade thinks it's worth at least $1250. (shrug)

I finally purchased one in last weekend's July FUN auction, so I don't have to worry about that anymore. ;)

I think they could solve the discontent a bit if they would just post commentary about reserves having been met or not, like all other auction sites do.

:preach:

-Brandon

Always know research investigate the company you are dealing with before getting involved.

Financial rules for investing from Zapata George

1- Human Nature never changes

2- Study that History.

3- Oil still runs the world.

4- Gold and Silver are the only REAL money.

5- Fundamentals rule out in the end no mater what the manipulation(s).

PS the US constitution said money was GOLD SILVER and COPPER.