• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1944 Mercury Dime

17 posts in this topic

Hello all - I am going thru my 'collection' and adding them all to the Liberty Street software. I was wondering if I could get some information on this coin and a possible unofficial grading. Thanks in advance!

113407.jpg.d1dedbb43f877d2eb8eb2d95fdff3066.jpg

113408.jpg.4fa8ba39dc0369216956c214976f16e8.jpg

Agree-- VF 30

According to Liberty Street's CoinManage2011, a VF30 for the 1944 Mercury Dime is $4.67. Does that sound right? Sorry - very new at collecting.

More like $3.50 retail. Melt is currently $2.60. Somewhere in the middle would be a fair price for buyer AND seller.......$3.00. IMHO.

well your all 1/2 right/wrong

it depends where you sell it, if thats what you plan on doing

if you bring to a dealer or pawn they will give melt or less

if you sell online like ebay, it will have a premium slightly, bc it is a coin not a bar. (more collectible)

If you sell it at a pawn shop they will give you a lot less than melt. If you sell it on ebay, you'll get near melt and have to pay fees and shipping, therefore you'll get less than melt. If this is the only silver coin you have, keep it, if you're thinking of selling a decent amount of them, list it on the Marketplace where you'll get right at spot.