• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One goal I wanted to achieve this year...get rid of problem coinage. With a newp

10 posts in this topic

At one point in time, I had gotten a reputation on this board of buying problem coins for big money. While its true I did made a few dumb purchases, I am pretty sure most of us here have done the same at some point. One of my goals this year was to move out of those select few problem coins, and with a recent deal, I have done just that. Some of these coins were in problem free holders. They included a 1795 Half dollar, 1796 dollar, and a 1798 dollar. I actually ended up making a small profit on all of them selling them to dealers! So I was rather pleased. I currently do own four problem coins, and all four of them are 1793 Large cents (3 chains, 1 liberty cap).

Most recently, I traded the coin below back to the dealer I bought it from with a small fee deducted from the original purchase price. This wreath is in a SEGS F12 holder marked flaw through date. It has nice surfaces, but the lack of the date really hurts the value. I traded it back for the 1795 large cent PCGS XF40 pictured below with some cash included. The coin has very clean surfaces and nice even color. The white lines are on the slab.

Thanks for looking!

n39fkj.jpg

2qn347m.jpg

AJ

Love it!

I think all coin collectors at one point or another were rather reckless in their purchases. There does come a time when you do narrow down to what you truly want and love, and it comes from being experienced at being reckless first!