• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Reputable Dealers on Long Island, NY

13 posts in this topic

Hey Guys and Gals

I have a client whose father passed and left him sold old gold coins. He wants to have them appraised or at least identified. If anyone knows the names of some stores he may be able to go to please let me know.

I was wondering if there is a respected price guide, like Overstreet to comics, that I can advise him to buy.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

P.s. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong space, as I have never posted in these forums. (thumbs u

There are several respected price guides for gold coins, depending on what he has (US or foreign gold coins).

I mostly know dealers in NJ and Westchester, but I can get some names of LI dealers.

There are several respected price guides for gold coins, depending on what he has (US or foreign gold coins).

I mostly know dealers in NJ and Westchester, but I can get some names of LI dealers.

Which is the one you use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where on Long Island ?http://www.anthonyjswiatek.com/ Anthony Swiatek-Minerva Rare Coins & Jewelry

Anywhere would work.

I have not visited a store front in a while( Brooklyn) but there are many coin shows in the area with many cool dealers.

Just advise them to get information without giving into the temptation/pressure to sell. A good price guide to start is the red book or coin values. Both are retail prices but will give an indication of value.

When I used to live in Mineola, I used to go to New World Rarities in Hauppauge.

I've also bought from American Coin and Stamp Brokerage in Merrick. Since many of my relatives live in the south shore areas of Nassau County, I visit the folks at ACSB every time I can. I also participate in their mail bid auctions and have purchased a number of nice coins from them. I love working with them and can recommend them without reservation.

I've met the owners of Miller's Mint in Patchogue at shows. Patchogue is a little far out on the Island since its a bit further out than I usually go, but at some point I'll make it to their store.

Scott

Peter and Dianne Romano at Bellport Galleries on the south shore in Bellport.

Peter is one of the most honest coin dealers I can think of and he really knows his stuff. He's great with stamps and Rolex watches too.

If you go definitely have lunch at the seafood restaurant a few doors down towards the water.

Info here...

http://www.bellportjewelers.com/

Hey Guys and Gals

I have a client whose father passed and left him sold old gold coins. He wants to have them appraised or at least identified. If anyone knows the names of some stores he may be able to go to please let me know.

I was wondering if there is a respected price guide, like Overstreet to comics, that I can advise him to buy.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

P.s. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong space, as I have never posted in these forums. (thumbs u

New World Rarities, Inc.

670 Old Willets Path

Hauppauge, NY 11788

631-273-8474

Here's their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-World-Rarities-Ltd/154883634577027

I wouldn't use the Redbook as a guide for gold coins they are too volitile and the Redbook was compiled too long before. A better choice would be the Coin Dealers Newsletter.