• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Did I OverPay...or UnderPay? I have no idea if it is worth anything...

11 posts in this topic

This morning, I went back to a show that I visited on Thursday. It was local, I had the time. I figured what the heck maybe I missed something or would find something that I could not live without.

Well, I think I can live without it, but I did buy something. I paid $13.

1943 Steel 1c

SAMPLE (NGC No-line Fatty Holder with Light Green Label)

MS 64 NGC

209440-002

The slab is in very nice condition and very clean. The reverse hologram NGC sticker is just about flawless. The coin I guess is average for an MS64 Steel with a couple of dark spots on the reverse. Sorry no photos, my camera is out for repair.

Yes, I bought the holder and not the coin...knowing that some people collect some of these things. Is this one worth anything? Thank you for your time,

Greg

The price sounds about right to me although the old green holder no line fatty tends to add a little intrigue and are becoming less prevalent than their brown old holder counterparts. You may make a decent premium in 20 years.

The price sounds about right to me although the old green holder no line fatty tends to add a little intrigue and are becoming less prevalent than their brown old holder counterparts. You may make a decent premium in 20 years.
:grin: Perfect! The plan is to sell my collection in about 30 years. Time is on my side.

:grin: Perfect! The plan is to sell my collection in about 30 years. Time is on my side.

(thumbs u

The nice thing about getting a $13 sample slab is knowing that you couldn't have over-paid by much!

Nice deal!