• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody got a 1961 Mint Report handy?

9 posts in this topic

Anybody got a Mint Report for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 1961 who would be willing to look something up for me?

I need to know if the San Francisco Mint (which it still was until 1962) stopped making the silver assay bars during Calerndar Year 1960.

Thanks,

TD

Interesting that these are Google scans of public domain documents, but they are being sold to universities...and they are not available from Google for years after 1922. Makes me wonder about their pledge of public access to public documents....

Are the ones after 1922 public domain? If they aren't public domain the library the owned the copy scanned can possibly put restrictions on its availability.

All federal government documents are public domain. 1922 is only the cut-off for copyright. Since government documents and photos are not subject to copyright (we all own them), and can be freely duplicated at any federal document depository, I do not understand Google's "deal" that restricts use. Those might have been term of the deal with the university library that had the paper copies; however, if that library is also a federal depository, they cannot charge for public use.