• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I am going to get my A$$ handed to me at least ......

20 posts in this topic

I agree with Jamie 100%; I'd rather have the cameos that appear in your set. I may be wrong, but if and when it comes time to selling your collection, I think you will probably make a larger profit.

Since your set does have pictures, I will comment on it. What an awesome set!

I looked at every image and then tried to pick a favorite. Each coin is a beauty but I think the 3CN is the one I like the most.

Congratulations on a wonderful set.

Does anyone find it strange that all the cert #'s are the same. Were these crossovers or reholders? I mean, how do you send in raw coins and come up with a number 1 set on the first submission? I am confused....

MM

EDIT: No photos, no impression.....

They were probably a Good set in PCGS holders and all crossed over to NGC in one submission. Probably going for higher technical grades than what the PCGS holders were. My Guess

Mike,

Hope you know I meant the Jeff coinset lacking pics, not yours, as yours are absolutely gorgeous. I've commented before regarding your 83 T$ and its lovely toning. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

I don't like sets that have no pictures with them. My favorite thing is to drool over everyone elses beautiful coins and yours are no exceptions. Your sets are wonderful and yes I would take cameo over grade every time!

Mike,

Hope you know I meant the Jeff coinset lacking pics, not yours, as yours are absolutely gorgeous. I've commented before regarding your 83 T$ and its lovely toning. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

(thumbs u

I agree with Jamie 100%; I'd rather have the cameos that appear in your set. I may be wrong, but if and when it comes time to selling your collection, I think you will probably make a larger profit.

I don't like sets that have no pictures with them. My favorite thing is to drool over everyone elses beautiful coins and yours are no exceptions. Your sets are wonderful and yes I would take cameo over grade every time!

I really don't understand how you guys can reach such conclusions, without having seen any of the coins, or, in the case of one set, not even images of them.

I really don't understand how you guys can reach such conclusions, without having seen any of the coins, or, in the case of one set, not even images of them.

Because the cameo contrast suggests that the coin was one of the first struck, and adds to the allure of a coin at least in my opinion. There is likely to be less wear on the die, and there is a greater chance of having bolder details. I would much rather have a PR66 cameo coin that is solid for the grade than a PR67 in most instances. There is a limited number of cameo pieces in all grades usually, and these populations can be smaller and often are much smaller than the population of a coin in one technical grade higher. I am generalizing for the most part, and I may be wrong, but I am inclined to believe that I would much prefer the OP's set.

Additionally, I may be off base, but if you have a registry set of great coins that are solid for the grade and worthy of inclusion in a top registry set, then why wouldn't the user include pictures unless the coins are sub par or the owner didn't want to bother with it? If the owner doesn't want to put forth the initiative to image the coins, there is probably a good reason for it! Again, I may be 100% off base.

Because the cameo contrast suggests that the coin was one of the first struck, and adds to the allure of a coin at least in my opinion. There is likely to be less wear on the die, and there is a greater chance of having bolder details. I would much rather have a PR66 cameo coin that is solid for the grade than a PR67 in most instances. There is a limited number of cameo pieces in all grades usually, and these populations can be smaller and often are much smaller than the population of a coin in one technical grade higher. I am generalizing for the most part, and I may be wrong, but I am inclined to believe that I would much prefer the OP's set.

Additionally, I may be off base, but if you have a registry set of great coins that are solid for the grade and worthy of inclusion in a top registry set, then why wouldn't the user include pictures unless the coins are sub par or the owner didn't want to bother with it? If the owner doesn't want to put forth the initiative to image the coins, there is probably a good reason for it! Again, I may be 100% off base.

I don't think your off-base but I think also that you misunderstood Mark. I don't think you can draw a conclusion on "profit" until you've seen the coins...or even a photo. Even then it's guesswork when it comes to profit.

As to having photos of you coins: who knows why people don't photograph? I do but that doesn't mean that if I didn't I had some evil intent. I also think people are overrating Registry Sets...there is more to it than just the GRADE of the coin when it comes to nice sets, IMO.

jom

In my case, I should have said that I don't like that the set has no pictures. I'm sure that the set itself is beautiful but I am well on the way to becoming a cameo junkie.

I email the guy and he did post pictures but you cannot tell how they look.

These are heavily toned coins and details are difficult to see because they are in multi-holders and he just took pictures of the holders.

At least he posted them for me :) for that I am greatful

Having your favorite set bumped stinks. :(

But in fairness, both those sets are darn nice, but if you forced me to pick one, I'd take the higher grade toners over the cameos in lower grade.

No disrespect meant to anyone, and from one proof collector to another, those are both awesome sets!!!

At least you have the comfort of knowing that is a stunning set that has taken your place. But you still have the highest placed Cameo set!!

At least you have the comfort of knowing that is a stunning set that has taken your place. But you still have the highest placed Cameo set!!

I do not mind not having first but would like to see the coins that did take over first

Its tough to upgrade my set because I have a particular look I want so I will not probably get it back either anytime soon but thats okay .. This guy obviously has a little more expendable cash than I :)

I really expected this guy to over take me who is now in third ... I asked that he post pictures also but have not as of yet.

This set is killer and all he needs is a Cameo Morgan to blow buy me too ... I feel so unwanted hahahah

It was only a matter of time.

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=17314

m