• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want $1 billion in dollar coins?

15 posts in this topic

They can always send them to me. I could cover my entire lawn with them which would save me $100 per month in yard maintenance.

Chris

My theory is the Treasury is stockpiling them for the day they stop making the dollar bill due to the cost of producing them and their short life in circulation.

Nobody wants them? Shoot, I'd take every one of them if they are free to a good home. After all, they spend just as easy by for coins that I do want lol

-Chris#2

I lived in Italy for 2.5 years and I loved using the 1 and 2 euro coins. It made my piggy jar bank grow that much faster!! :grin:

The us just needs to start eliminate the dollar bill and then the coins will start to circulate better.

you never know mr. perryhall. who knows what the government is thinking these days. best wishes .........

I sure don't know what they are thinking. Pure speculation on my part but it would make sense even if it wasn't their intent.

This is from AP reporter Matt Rourke and was posted on yahoo:

"And while casting money isn't the same as having it around to fund programs, switching Americans over to dollar coins has been sold as a money saving strategy--coins have a longer shelf life than bills,"

Rourke should research how coins are made in this country. We certainly do not employ the methods of the Chinese by casting coins.

Hands up , "who wants to check them for errors"

Not me, spend one second checking per coin, would take you 96 years. Assuming a solid 8 hrs per day seven days a week looking at them. And of course in reality it's going to take longer than one second per coin unless all you are looking for are clips, off-centers- or off-metal strikes.

Hands up , "who wants to check them for errors"

Not me, spend one second checking per coin, would take you 96 years. Assuming a solid 8 hrs per day seven days a week looking at them. And of course in reality it's going to take longer than one second per coin unless all you are looking for are clips, off-centers- or off-metal strikes.

Maybe some avid Sac buck collectors can get together to sort them by die variety and look for one in MS68 or better. Let me know if anyone rounds up enough volunteers from the BCCC (Baby-Carrying Collectors Club).