• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Year Progress Update

1 post in this topic

...still happy on my set choices.

2011 is practically half over so I'd thought I'd look back on the year so far. First, I'm happy with the sets I have right now. The only new one I might add is Mexican 8 Reales minted in Mexico City. Like my Centavo set, if I do make the 8 Reales set, I don't know finished it will be. But I do love silver so that may make a difference.

Secondly, I've almost finished my Ike dollar proof set. I needed 2 to have a full set, and I received the 1977S clad today. So I just need the 1974S clad to have the set complete.

I have also bought a few coins for my western mints silver. I believe I wrote about the 1841-O dime I purchased a few weeks ago. Today I received a nice 1942-D Merc, graded 66FB, and I have a 1945-D graded 65FB coming. For right now, I've decided just to do the silver sets I like (example, I don't know why, but I don't care for the Roosevelt Dime or the Washington Quarter). However I do like the state quarter and ATB silver proofs. Go figure I guess.

I'm still looking for currency. I've bid on 3 pieces in the last month, but all went for strong prices, so I didn't get any of them. Not that bothers me I guess, strong prices in auction means better prices for what I have.

Well, I'm going to post the obverse of 42-D Merc as my pic of the journal today.

8990.JPG

See more journals by Bammer