• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quality control?

9 posts in this topic

For those of you who submit coins regularly to NGC... how long do they usually sit in Quality Control?

Mine have been there for three days now and I keep refreshing waiting for the grades to post. This is only my second submission, my first was a few years ago before I knew you could check them online.

I know posting this won't make them go through any faster, I'm just curious if I should stop refreshing for a few days. Didn't think it took so long to give the holders a once over for scratches and stuff. =)

quality control can take a long time, depends on which submission tier you use. I submitted some coins under "economy" and they were in quality control for at least two weeks

Sometimes it can take a little longer, sometimes not. It's possible that they found part of the grader's lunch in the slab, or maybe they decided that they should have been 68's instead of 70UCAM's so they were sent back. Worrying about it won't change anything except the amount of gray hair on your head and the size of the ulcer in your gut.

Chris

• Administrator

The "Quality Control" status actually refers to both grading and quality control. While we have a number of more specific statuses for internal use, online we only reflect four different statuses. So for Economy submissions and other tier with longer turnaround times it may say that it's in Quality Control for a while when really it's still being graded.

Hey Max, thanks!

Lisa just PM'ed me to give me an update. You guys are all awesome. Definitely didn't expect any of that, was just curious from other users' experiences. And now I'll know for all future submissions.

Hope you have an awesome weekend.

For those of you who submit coins regularly to NGC... how long do they usually sit in Quality Control?

Mine have been there for three days now and I keep refreshing waiting for the grades to post. This is only my second submission, my first was a few years ago before I knew you could check them online.

I know posting this won't make them go through any faster, I'm just curious if I should stop refreshing for a few days. Didn't think it took so long to give the holders a once over for scratches and stuff. =)

I send coins to NGC probably once every 2 months in the economy tier. Economy usually takes a week for me