• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Is A Keeper

3 posts in this topic

The Mint got it Right for a Change.

I just saw the U.S. Mints design for the 9/11 National Medal and I've got to say that I am very pleased. I hope they sellout as the mintage is capped at 2 million and $10.00 of each sold will go to the 9/11 Museum at Ground Zero. I will be buying one tomorrow (when payday hits). I hope you all consider doing the same.

God Bless America,

Malcolm

8985.GIF

See more journals by Beaw

Malcolm, I whole heartily agree. I bought one each of the P and W version of these on Monday when they first went on sale. Unfortunately, they will not ship until September, but I can wait. Another thing I would have liked for them is to be a coin rather than a medal. However, if they sell out I'm cool because they will have raised the most money possible for the museum. A beautiful design for a good cause, yeah the mint got it right.

Gary

Gary,

I thought the same thing as you and wished they had made it a coin. then, I thought about all those mandatory elements you hae to add to a coin and kind of decided this particular mint product needed a cleaner look to let the design really speak for itself.

I just ordered the West Point one myself. Can't wait to see it in September.

Cheers,

Malcolm