• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I LOST A FEW MORGANS THIS WEEK posted by Six Mile Rick

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

BUT I GAINED 15 MERCURY DIMES

Friends, I made a choice to trade off 4 morgans for a short set of Merc's this week. In the trade three were the highest points morgans I owned but I really wanted the better grades on those coins later. I received the merc's today and not only were they beautiful they were in a NGC box to boot--thanks JimL4004. I could not wait to see them so I opened the box outside the post office which seemed like forever--being careful cutting all the tape seeing the NGC box inside and not wanting to scratch the box with my knife. When I finally opened the NGC box it was Christmas again!!!

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Hi Rick, my first thought when you posted you lost a few Morgan's was OH NO!!! What is going on with my Morgan Dollar brother who has inspired me to towards Morgans by his enthusiasm! When you said that you bought 15 Merc's (another favorite coin of mine) I just had to take a look at what you had and the dimes you got are no slackers! Hi-grade's with lots of FB's to boot! Well when you said the Morgans you traded were destined for upgrade, I thought "nice trade". Congratulations on your pick-up! All the best!

Gary

Thanks Gary,

I have a vacation the first week of July so all extra cash this month is going to a Florida Beach Week. You know I can't go without a purchase for a month so the trade took care of the cravings of a COIN NUT. It did kick up my1941-1964 mint sets and by September I will hopefully go in reverse 10 or 20 more years on those. That's when my new coin ventures will become a little pricey (Walkers,Peace,& Buffalo's).

Later my Friend--------Rick