• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1803 Italian bronze medal

11 posts in this topic

The wife of one of my favorite French sellers also has an eBay site, and I saw this medal as a BIN that I just couldn't resist. I think it's cool the way she has three naked women in the palm of her hand.

Chris

112871.jpg.d2934776db13deade66c92ba61677ce2.jpg

112872.jpg.62b69b04b43149f6f7433d971ae69cb0.jpg

I'll know more when I get it. It's not uncommon for many Europeans to clean medals, but this looks like it has the original patina.

Chris

Great medal Chris, and it doesn't look cleaned at all. In fact it looks MS63 with a nice original patina.

Please post larger photos when you receive it.

I didn't think it had been cleaned, but I'm not very good at spotting cleaned medals and was just trying to educate myself. Very cool piece though.

I've since learned that the three women in her hand represent the Three Graces.....

The term The Three Graces may refer to:

Charites, known in Greek mythology as The Three Graces, goddesses of such things as charm, beauty, and creativity. In Roman mythology they were known as the Gratiae.

Chris

Yea, neat stuff. Did you take that pic? If so, good job.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say....it's not his image lol

Just don't go too far out on it. It can only hold so much weight, ya know!

Shane is correct. The photos are from the seller's listing. I haven't received the medal yet.

Chris