• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Memorial MIA

1 post in this topic

A late night session results in the removal of a coin

I was adding some pictures and descriptions to my 21st Centry type Set yesterday when I realized that the Lincoln Memorial slot in my set was actually being filled with one of the 2009 Lincoln 200th anniversary cents. I think I know how this occurred and how it was accepted into the set. When I start a new set, I always have a few of the coins already and CHOOSE them from my holdings. When NGC put together the set, the Lincoln Memorial was the defacto Cent so they set it up with no ending date since they had no idea that design would end in 2008. So the program sees a 2009 cent and accepts it even though though it is the wrong type.

So My Bad but with a little help from NGC. I will rectify this error this coming weekend, I already have a couple of satin finish, MS68 Lincolns on my radar. They can be had for around 10.00-12.00 so a very small hit on the budget and a problem corrected.

Happy Collecting everyone AND

8959.jpeg

See more journals by Beaw