• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1924 SLQ GTG (Grade revealed)

14 posts in this topic

This coin is in a PCGS MS66FH holder! I have sent it to auction under the care of James_Early.

click to see 1924 SLQ PCGS MS66FH

Wow, yet again grossly undergraded by the members of this board.

I think the conclusion I am coming to here is that Scotsman needs some serious work on their pictures. I've never seen a consensus grade so far from the actual grade (on both the coins you posted). I mean, the highest guess here was 64.

The pics definitely don't show the immense luster on this coin. Here's an ammateur pic i took of it b4 i sent it to auction. I know my pics are horrible, but it might give you an idea of the luster involved.

_MG_1246.jpg

_MG_1244.jpg

_MG_1255.jpg

You're right, the luster looks stronger in your photos. Toned coins are often difficult to image

See my short discussion in the other thread. These images may not depict the coin at best advantage, but one caveat is that the slab is a little scruffy, and Scotsman will not alter a slab (polish it, etc.), a philosophy I agree with.

I appreciate the candid remarks, and intend to pass them along to Scotsman. As always, there is room for improvement for anyone's imaging, as others have discussed in this thread and the other.

James, you have been more than helpful in assisting in this fairly new consignment area of coin collecting for me. I have learned a lot, and I appreciate it!