• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is pretty cool

4 posts in this topic

Modern coin with a horse hologram!

I wasn't sure what to think about this design, or whether I would be able to capture the hologram image with my camera when I got the coin in hand, but I took a gamble. Turns out that it's pretty damned cool in hand, and the colors and hologram appearing on this coin are unique to my horse themed set so far. I know there is a hologram Canadian gold coin I've had my eye on for some time, but this one was much more affordable, and I love the artistry of Polish coins.

Some details about this coin: It was struck in 2008 to commemorate the 450th anniversary of the Polish Postal Service. The obverse features a postal carrier delivering a letter with frosty devices and a village scene displayed behind. The reverse features a stylized stamp design, with an inlaid hologram featuring the symbol of the postal service - a rider on horseback with a horn (see picture below).

The coin is struck in 92.5% silver, and is a nice size with a diameter of 32mm. The nominal face value is 10 Zlotych, and this coin comes from a total mintage of 135,000 pieces. All in all, a pretty unique snag for less than $50.

I'm attaching on the Chat Boards a larger size composed photo including both the obverse and reverse. Below is a teaser photo of the reverse hologram horse design. Click on the Chat Boards link for the full effect!

Have a good weekend everyone!

-Brandon

8951.jpg

See more journals by brg5658

Another Beauty Brandon, you've got the coolest collection I've seen so far. BTW, the SACs came today. Lookin Good!!!

Aloha