• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World's Fair of Money, Chicago, August 13-20, INVITATION

11 posts in this topic

This will be the biggest and longest numismatic event ever. August 13-5 is an invitational bourse. August 16-20 is the big show, including exhibits, hundreds of bourse dealers, club meetings, and educational seminars, as well as a gigantic auction . This is an event not to be missed.

Many of the bourse dealers will have their tables open beginning on 8/13 and continuing thru 8/15. This is an invitation only event. By printing this, you now will have an invitation to attend on any or all of those three days.

Saturday morning is limited to PNG exhibitors, but the afternoon, Sunday and Monday will have all of those dealers that have chosen to attend.

Hope to see you all there!!!

Julian M. Leidman

...not to be confused with the "Columbian World's Fair and Exposition" held in Chicago 1892-93. You can, however, visit the Field Museum and see the first Columbian half dollar struck in 192.

Actually I thought I read that they convinced the Field Museum to loan them the coin and it would be on display at the show, can't remember where I read that though...

Julian,

Does the generous PNG invitation we can print out from you above include attendance for the PNG Reception and Banquet on Monday evening Aug. 15?

Best, HT

..........visit the Field Museum and see the first Columbian half dollar struck in 192.

Would that be BC or AD, Roger?

Chris

I am very sorry, HT, but the invitation is for the exhibition only. If you would like to go to the banquet, I am sure that I can arrange to get you a ticket for about $100.

No worries Julian, my plane arrives at 5 pm on that day, after checking into my hotel, I will take the EL into town to visit friends, but hey, thought I would ask.... But I will be in too late to come to the bourse during PNG time, alas.

Best, HT

..........visit the Field Museum and see the first Columbian half dollar struck in 192.

Would that be BC or AD, Roger?

It was actually the "Super Size Denarius" acquired in change at the Colosseum chariot drive-in window during the November 192 Plebian Games. (Super ostrich legs!!) You'll remember that these are where emperor/gladiator Lucius Aelius Aurelius Commodus Augustus Herculeus Romanus Exsuperatorius Amazonius Invictus Felix Pius killed hundreds of animals every day just for the fun of it.

I guess the coin would be a “First Strike”….?

Hi Julian, it's nice to see ya posting over here. I really respect you in this hobby and hope that coin theft is wrapped up my friend that you had a few years back..

Yaha. George Graham