• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few More Choice Weekend Finds in Pocket Change !!! posted by J Lloyd Young

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Forget the Registry just for a minute and re-discover the thrill of finding collectable at face value in your pocket !!

Looking thru change in the till at work again this weekend yielded a bonanza of coins .....nothing really valuable of course ( although I do still hold faint hope of a double die popping up one day on a Lincoln Cent ).....this weekend's haul so far :

Roosevelt Dimes :1960 in a great AU , ( 2) 1963 Avg Circ , 1956-D Aver Circ , one 1968 Canadian 50% Silver Dime , one 1944-P War Nix , 1956 Canada nickel AU , and a nice handful of wheat pennies

no great dates but one coin in un-circulated condition .

NOTHING beats the thrill of finding treasures like this in change . Like most of you I surely enjoy adding a really tough coin to a Registry Set but this weekend's haul somehow is so much more fun and again takes me back....to the beginning and to the early days as a collector .

Regards to all .

8923.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young