• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Proof?

6 posts in this topic

A few questions...

I plan on having my Wisconsin extra leaf quarters individually reholdered, as they are in a single six-coin multiholder now, which is scratched beyond me being able to enjoy my coins.

They are graded MS 67, with a population of only 341 (high leaf) and 326 (low leaf) with a total of only TEN MS 68s grading higher between both varieties.

So I'm considering the Photo Proof Deluxe service while the coins will be out of their holders. Would love some pro pictures and close ups of the extra leaves.

Does anyone have any examples of the Photo Proof service I could see? Maybe scans or a link to the PDF if you got the digital delivery service too. It's a bit expensive for the pics, but I hope they'll be beyond what I can do now, and I'd love to show 'em off.

Also, on the current NGC label, it says "Extra Leaf High" ...if I type "Extra High Leaf" into the Variety slot on the submission form, will they type it that way? or standardize it with the current format?

How close of a photo do you need? I am not sure how good NGC is, but I know a good few of us here could get close on your coins should you choose to go that route. There are many trusted photographers on this site.

Here is one of my using the Classic service. NGC did a very good job taking the pictures

I would have never used this service but I got a gift certificate for 5 free, so of course I had to use it!!

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

Also, on the current NGC label, it says "Extra Leaf High" ...if I type "Extra High Leaf" into the Variety slot on the submission form, will they type it that way? or standardize it with the current format?

I think PCGS and NGC both do it the same way.

Extra Leaf High or Low

NGC will type it the way they want it to appear.

You could request it but I don't know if they will honor your request.

Bruceswar, I tried with my macro lens to get a good shot of the extra leaves error, but the pics didn't turn out so great, lots of blown out areas from reflections, etc.

Shatzy, thanks so much for the preview of your Photo Proof, that's exactly what I was looking for. I think NGC is really doing themselves a disservice not having a preview PDF available for download on the Photo Proof page (when I get my quarters done, I'll offer to NGC that they could use mine as the preview example, if they wish). I think it would drive more use/sales of the service, because that presentation looks fantastic in my opinion.

Any chance of getting some better pictures of that Photoproof? That's a variety I haven't seen before. It does look like they have improved on their photography. The earlier version of the photoproof that I have tended to have a focusing problem in their pictures. I've never been really happy with NGC pictures whether on the photoproofs, the photocertificates, or the online image database. Just saw another photocertificate yesterday and once again the image was not "crisp" (British copy of the Sinking of the Lusitania medal.)