• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now I don't know what to do? Should I, or not?

51 posts in this topic

Tough call. Like Mark noted, it's your heart and your checkbook.

Also: Is this offer well above market value or did you not realize the full value of your collection?

It's one of the two, lol...Not being complete is hard to say for sure the true value.

Based on your answers to my questions from earlier, I think you should hang onto them. If the net happiness benefit isn't increased, then there is not point in sending them on their way.

I still regret selling my one and only MPL.... :( Don't do it bro, don't do it!!

It's not about the money, or is it?

I have always come back to coin collecting for some reason, it's in my blood. :baiting:

If you don't need the money, don't sell it. You'll continue to enjoy the set until you do need/want the money, and the odds are that it'll bring strong money at that point in time. Good collections tend to go for good money.

Of course... I'm divorced. :devil:

Hey Joe,

I purchased the 1926 and 1913 T1 from you and I can tell you that I will blow any offer away for the rest of them. I made a thread ATS about how my jaw dropped when those two hit the market and how thankful I was that I found them. I guess you never found that thread. Anyhow the 1926 is absolutely amazing! I tossed it around a show and mouths kept dropping! You got a awesome collection that I think you should hold onto. If you do decide to sell shop them around. Judging for what I paid I think you have more value there than you realize.

I also wanted to add that I know what you mean about your wife having plans for the money. I speculate a lot on some different type of toners and than consign them. Whenever that consignment money hits I try to "re-invest" before she finds a way to "waste" it. Tough decision buddy I just hope if you chose to sell you make sure you get the most for your awesome set!

And if you dont mind I would like to post a picture of the 1926 since you already havent and its amazing!

Screenshot2011-06-01at123054PM.png

Screenshot2011-06-01at123103PM.png

This is definitely a tough call but logic should prevail. My gut tells me your heart is not ready to part with your outstanding set of Buffs. If it is not clearly a 100% certain feeling to sell - keep them. That is what I would do.

I've had some really nice coins that I've sold for one reason or another. If you don't need the cash, DON'T SELL THEM! :)

Since you said you don't need the money, I'm in the "don't sell it group". If for some reason you decide to sell, I would take Mark's advice and give yourself some time to think about it. Maybe your set is worth much more than what this current offer is.

No matter what you decide, you've got a great set and it's been fun getting to see your buffalo nickels.

Joe,

I think you have already answered this question. One, you do not really need to sell. Two, you are not sure if you would even want to restart such a collection. Three, you are heavily educated in the market of toned Buffs and could easily begin buying for resale and keeping only improvements to this fabulous collection of yours. Four, you seem puzzled as to whether you would have unlimited access to the funds if you sold the coins(in other words, you may have to divy up the proceeds. Five, and this is JMHO!!, you don't really wish to sell, but feel stupid in turning down such a huge offer. But, realize this Joe, the gentleman knows what it would take to get you even a little interested--doesn't he/she?

From knowing you as I do, I see no benefit to your personality from this sale. My advice would be to hang on to this most fabulous set of coins and enjoy them until you no longer do.

Best of luck.

Jim

I have recently received an offer on my collection of Buffalo Nickels. I've never even considered selling them but this offer is way more than I would dreamed. So now what do I do?

Seriously, get a second opinion. Maybe you've severely undervalued your set! And after you get the highest possible offer, take it under very serious consideration, remembering that for a truly great collection, TIME is more of an investment than MONEY, and the former is irreplaceable.

wowzah! Someone made you an offer on your buff collection? A member here or ATS? If you make a profit, that might be a great thing for your family!

Joe,

I think you have already answered this question. One, you do not really need to sell. Two, you are not sure if you would even want to restart such a collection. Three, you are heavily educated in the market of toned Buffs and could easily begin buying for resale and keeping only improvements to this fabulous collection of yours. Four, you seem puzzled as to whether you would have unlimited access to the funds if you sold the coins(in other words, you may have to divy up the proceeds. Five, and this is JMHO!!, you don't really wish to sell, but feel stupid in turning down such a huge offer. But, realize this Joe, the gentleman knows what it would take to get you even a little interested--doesn't he/she?

From knowing you as I do, I see no benefit to your personality from this sale. My advice would be to hang on to this most fabulous set of coins and enjoy them until you no longer do.

Best of luck.

Jim

I thank you all for this huge response it really is more than I expected. I love my collection and I will not sell, I guess I'm in it for the long haul or what's left of my colecting days. Thank you my friend, Jim for breaking it down for me, you know me well. It's not the money, it's just the amount of money offered for my incomplete collection that set me back a bit. Thanks again....Joe

And before I forget I could not even open this forum this morning, did anyone else have this problem?

SELL SELL SELL.

They are just coins.

Start another series if you like. Or just roll around in that pile of bills. :grin:

Nice to hear Joe .

Luckily I haven't had an offer for my collection so don't know what sort of reponse I would have . I know that it took me a couple of years just to find a series that I liked to collect .

I am sure that there will always be offers for your collection so no hurry

And it always amazes me that when I sell a coin that it suddenly always turns up diguised as a womans jacket in the wardrobe lol

Cheers Martin

PS yeah the boards were a no go this morning . But I think they are giving away free grading because of it :baiting:lol

wowzah! Someone made you an offer on your buff collection? A member here or ATS? If you make a profit, that might be a great thing for your family!

The forums are always moody for me between 1:00 A.M. - 7:00 A.M. or so. I'm not sure what the issue is. I've also had problems accessing the registry during those hours.

BuffNickelPage1abobvcopy-1.jpg

BuffNickelPage1abrevcopy-1.jpg

BuffNickelPage2obvTRIAL-1.jpg

BuffNickelPage2revTRIAL-1.jpg

BuffaloNickelAlbumcovercopy-1.jpg

Here's the latest update on my collection....Joe

How did you manage to build the virtual album? It seems like it would take several hours in Photoshop; is there a shorter/more efficient way?

BuffNickelPage1abobvcopy-1.jpg

BuffNickelPage1abrevcopy-1.jpg

BuffNickelPage2obvTRIAL-1.jpg

BuffNickelPage2revTRIAL-1.jpg

BuffaloNickelAlbumcovercopy-1.jpg

Here's the latest update on my collection....Joe

How did you manage to build the virtual album? It seems like it would take several hours in Photoshop; is there a shorter/more efficient way?

Yep, Just talk with our resident "jessbroken" He did the virtual album for me and I did the imaging. I can't say enough good things about the man, he is just as nice as a guy can be. He also does really good work and will update coins for me.

You know what's amazing, usually you can only make a profit on some of the coins in your collection, if someone is offering you enough to make money on all of it... then that's just incredible and tells you how special your collection really is.