• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1789 - 1797 George Washington Commemorative Token Coin

2 posts in this topic

1789 - 1797 George Washington Commemorative Token Coin

Produced circa 1932.

Nee some help with this one

Have no idea price or anything else.

Thanks

Alan

washington11.jpg

washington1.jpg

since george was born in 1732

to celebrate washingtons 200th birthday in 1932 many different tokens were created for him

and then again in 1982 for his 250 th birthday anniversary

i think based on my experiences and the condition of the token i think it eas made in the last couple of decades or so

but again i could be wrong

This is a token (one of many types) privately minted, many were minted around the time of the bicentinial ( i think yours is the late 1970's) and many were like this. If it doesnt have a company name on it or initials, then the most I could tell you is in that condition and the token is really well made and nice eye appealling unc. condition

I would say its worth in the $5-10 dollar range I see them pop up here and there and they seldom sell for more than a few bucks but yours is better made and much better condition than most and hence a better market value and also better demand

so i think based on the overall appearance and strike and condition the token is from the latter 1970's-1980's

and again i could be wrong as this is not my speciality interest

a collectible piece of history (thumbs u

a true collectors piece with great lustre, (thumbs u original color and great eye appeal