• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COIN STORAGE BOXES #4 posted by Six Mile Rick

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Wow what did I start here?

Hey Buds,

As we have been going on about the storage boxes I have always wanted a special Brief Case or something of the sort. Does anyone have a nice aluminum case or fire-proof that will hold 100 or more very special graded coins? If it does work well who sells it and how many coins in both graders will it hold would help all of us with interest. I have some beauties that I hold ABOVE the rest and would like to house them accordingly.

Later Friends---Rick

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Sure you want a fire-proof briefcase? Those have legs, you know ... unless you chain it to your wrist like you're the man with the bombs next to the president lol.

I have no clue. I imagine most dealers love to chat on collecting- and business-related issues. Any dealer who travels to shows with a couple hundred slabs would be perfect to ask.

THANKS BEAW--- A good site to check sizes to find out what is the best fit for your safes. Stacking 20 coin grading boxes gets a little too much when you want a box on the bottom.

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

BTW--Got 23 Silver Quarters coming this week (IN ANOTHER PCGS BOX). My safe is starting to look like a tall Lego set inside.

We have a new aluminum carrying case coming out shortly that holds 96 slabs (12 trays of 8 slabs each). Should be on line in mid-July. Keep an eye on the site mentioned in the previous post.

And as an aside, be very careful about the fire-proof issues. My understanding is that their are certain toxins used in the fire proofing process of a safe (or case) that can have a harmful effect on the coins. That's one of the reasons we don't carry them.

Best,

Kurt Braun

SAFE Collecting Supplies