• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nickel registry points question

1 post in this topic

I know the registry points don't directly correlate to value. But they kinda do.

I bought a 2006-P Jefferson nickel, graded MS 67 6FS by NGC... for $900.

NGC/Numismedia didn't have a price for the coin, but PCGS Coin Facts valued it at $1,750, so I thought the $900 was a decent price, if Coin Facts is accurate. The population for NGC graded versions is 17, with only 2 higher (both MS 68s).

Adding the new coin to my registry, I see that it's only worth 98 points, same as the 2006-D which I got for a tenth of the price as the P... and HALF of the points that the 2006-S PF 70 gets (183 points) (which is a $30 coin according to the auction I won, and $42 according to NumisMedia).

So, do the registry points need to be updated? Or did I pay way too much? (I guess "both" could be a totally viable answer, too, haha) Either way, I'm very happy with the coin and don't regret my purchase, I'm just trying to educate myself for future purchases ...and making sure the registry is accurate.