• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe Instead of PCGS banning "Real" members with true Names they.

22 posts in this topic

Pcgs should make sure if they want to be the best in the Coin industry, I think it's time to make members of all forums take responsible for their actions. I mean true identity of whom one is.

Here is a member that apparantly stole someone's money not once but twice. Please read thread. I wish the members that got took get their money back.

Just a offering to anyone here that might get a spoof from the member wanting to buy from them.

.http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=818857

George Graham aka Yaha

I believe it should absolutely be someone's choice whether or not to reveal their identity online. Everyone here knows my full name and phone number, but in no way would I expect others to reveal same. The right to privacy is crucial, especially dealing with valuables such as coins, and in a family environment that might include children.

I believe it should absolutely be someone's choice whether or not to reveal their identity online. Everyone here knows my full name and phone number, but in no way would I expect others to reveal same. The right to privacy is crucial, especially dealing with valuables such as coins, and in a family environment that might include children.

\\\

I agree somewhat.. I know kids should not be able to own Credit cards and also have a ebay acct.. That said, one day I hope that a coin hub will have a honest forum for those that chose to offer whom they are.. I for one don't like little snibs that hide behind a pc and mock people, start with people and finally Rob people.. But again James, I do agree with most you are saying.

Okay, I give. I'm RedHerring at PCGS and my name is Brad Herring. People always said I was a little fishy though. :screwy:

I'm a vest-pocket dealer and amateur collector. My eBay handle is bherring1964.

I feel better coming clean like this. :whee:

Okay, I give. I'm RedHerring at PCGS and my name is Brad Herring. People always said I was a little fishy though. :screwy:

I'm a vest-pocket dealer and amateur collector. My eBay handle is bherring1964.

I feel better coming clean like this. :whee:

Hi, my name is Charlie Brenner, and I tend to buy overgraded raw coins that are even sometimes whizzed.

I agree. In addition to privacy issues, there are security issues as well. If you're known for owning particularly rare or valuable items, you are more likely to be a victim of a robbery and/or coin show mugging.

I agree. In addition to privacy issues, there are security issues as well. If you're known for owning particularly rare or valuable items, you are more likely to be a victim of a robbery and/or coin show mugging.

Totally agree. If folks were require to reveal their identity, many if not most forum members would stop posting here. I know I would stop posting. Most collectors don't want the whole world to know that they have rare and valuable rare coins.

Why does a person offer what type of "Rare" coins one has on these forums in the first place Perry?..

Yes, many members from ATS and here know I have some rare coins that will blow your socks off, this is not the point, but in the meantime my rariest coins are locked up in my bank.. My little worthless coins are locked up in my safe at home..

If you read the thread that I copied to help the uneducated coins buyers viewing this, this is a good example why a seller or a buyer should know who you are when making a no commission transaction..

Or you can pay the 15/20% bump and have some other venue make sure you get paid.. That's all..

Over and over again many friends in this hobby tell me only a few of us are left George. People judge you for what you write only for self want or need and don't see any kidding or jokes about what you write and then play your status with befriending someone new that has pmed them about you or chat what you wrote and so on.. Most of the time they are working to steal money of somekind from the new friend..

Fakes and liars are many, but Perry, for me, I want to know who I deal with for a many reasons. If I can't get my money from the proper sources there is a another way and I will leave it at that..

Thanks to all that offers opinions. George Graham aka Yaha

P.S. I will offer one last thing about why it's important to know who you are dealing with. A "Good" friend that recently passed named Cameron, got caught up in what is happening when you deal with sharks anywhere in life and as they said they were this person on these forums and also at some tables at shows, really never exsisted until your high dollar coins dissapeared along with the buyer..

I know this part of the Cameron story, I will not offer no more than that and let everyone elses subjective view continue. Please take my sincere reaching to the choir about this..

I agree.

The forums would loose lots of members if they were required to use real names.

There are probably some famous people that come and go from the forums.

Totally agree. If folks were require to reveal their identity, many if not most forum members would stop posting here. I know I would stop posting. Most collectors don't want the whole world to know that they have rare and valuable rare coins.

Isn't the intent of the post for the Forum Administrator's and not necessarily the entire forum?

Why does a person offer what type of "Rare" coins one has on these forums in the first place Perry?..

It's difficult to have an intellectual discussion without hands on experiences about die states, grading techniques, etc. This is especially true for the rarer/more esoteric issues. And as it has been said a thousand times, threads are worthless without pictures. Where do/should those images come from (from your own images, which usually means your own coins)?

Pcgs should make sure if they want to be the best in the Coin industry, I think it's time to make members of all forums take responsible for their actions. I mean true identity of whom one is.

Here is a member that apparantly stole someone's money not once but twice. Please read thread. I wish the members that got took get their money back.

Just a offering to anyone here that might get a spoof from the member wanting to buy from them.

George Graham aka Yaha

First off, forums like this are meant for fun. So having quirky screen names is some of the fun.

Secondly, if someone should want to do business with another member on a board such as this, they should do their homework first. If they didn't, and got burnt, no sympathy here.

By profession, I'm a High Frequency Trader. In the chat rooms(monthly fees) I attend, using your real name is a requirement. But just because someone is using their actual name, by no means says you should follow their trades.

Same would go for someone on this board using thier real name. Would that make them automatically an honest/credible person? Surely you jest.!

Louis Verna

HFT e mini S & P

@ Inside bar on twitter

What other info should a member post to be deemed credible? LMAO

George Graham aka Yaha

Secondly, if someone should want to do business with another member on a board such as this, they should do their homework first. If they didn't, and got burnt, no sympathy here.

What other info should a member post to be deemed credible? LMAO

+1 (thumbs u

I have a different name here than ATS :o

I use to have the same name ATS but was banned. :tonofbricks:

What's your new forum name ATS? :devil:

I'm RedHerring ATS. Sell on eBay as bherring1964.

I was banned in 2008 ATS for an Obama comment. :taptaptap: I rejoined in 2009 as RedHerring. With PCGS being located in California, I should have realized how touchy a subject I stumbled onto........ :eyeroll:

I was banned in 2008 ATS for an Obama comment. :taptaptap: I rejoined in 2009 as RedHerring. With PCGS being located in California, I should have realized how touchy a subject I stumbled onto........ :eyeroll:

If Don Willis sees your post, you may be banned again.

I've never fully grasped the concept of banning people across the street save for one or two who were banned for lewd images/comments. Additionally, unlike here, PCGS allows non-ISP email addresses (i.e. most individuals only have one ISP email account), and this opens the doors for alts. Those who want to post will continue to post under new names, and Willis is only angering potential customers. It's an exercise in futility.

If Don Willis sees your post, you may be banned again.

That would be a shame. PCGS could lose out on hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential business. I have several family members worth over 8 figures and they are starting to get into coins because of me.

Sad thing about being banned in '08? I made one comment about Obama, which was 100% factual, and I was banned immediately without warning. Yes, I am a conservative. :angel: