• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know it's just my OCD, but will NGC "fix" this?

12 posts in this topic

I completed my ATB 5oz bullion set the other day, but one aspect of all the labels doesn't match. Yosemite has "Early Releases" appearing under the grade, while the other four has "Early Releases" appearing above the grade.

ER-error.jpg

If I ship this back to NGC, will they reholder it? (preferably on their dime) as a mechanical error, or was this label meant to be different for some reason I don't know about?

Of course it doesn't diminish the beauty of the coin at all, but as these are mostly display pieces, it's a bit distracting.

That's an extremely rare labeling error and it's worth hundreds of dollars. It should be the centerpiece of your ATB set. :devil:

Seriously, it's not a big deal and all the labels for this particular coin were probably printed with the same format. Good luck with NGC. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask. I'd take them to the next large coin show that you may attend where NGC is set up and save yourself the postage and insurance costs. Let us know how you make out.

They will more than likely fix it, but given that there is nothing technically wrong or incorrect about the label, you are likely to be subjugated to a reholdering fee of $10. I would leave it alone personally, but if it matters that much to you, it's only $10.

i agree with you if it is important to you and i myself would want a nice matched tag set

presentation IS everything

i would call ngc as their customer service is terrific and i bet they will fix it for you at no change to you but you will need to get them the coin

maybe you can drop it off at a show where they are show grading and make arrangements for them to do it there for you?

or if not they can fix it at their offices and send directly to you

good luck and let us know how it turns out (thumbs u

I feel your pain. This is exactly the kind of thing that can drive people like us crazy. The standard way NGC does its labels is to put the Early Releases designation above the grade. However, I checked out Yosemite coins on sale on E-bay and they are reversed just like yours. So if NGC fixes your label it will be like the rest of your set BUT it will be different than all the other Yosemite coins released! So wouldn’t your fixed label actually become an error label in that case?

NGC is just messing with you man. doh!

For those curious, NGC contacted me via PM here and have offered to reholder it for free, return shipping included. Awesome company! Going to send it off tomorrow. =)

i am not at all surprised

you did the right thing

ngc is quite responsive to reasonable customer service requests which again ngc wants to

help resolve to the customers satisfaction

(thumbs u