• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make up a coin oriented film title!

5 posts in this topic

I think this would be a potentially funny thread. Create a coin oriented film title. It can be any genre. Horror, comedy, drama, etc. Heck, if you're bored, include a short synopsis. Feel Free to use members screen names (but if they ask you to change it, please do. I think it would add to the hilarity).

For Example-

"The Numismatist" (Romance/Fantasy)- A lonely numismatist, only known as "Buffalo Head," has his life turned upside down when the stunning Ms. Roosevelt turns all of his prized nickels into rainbows. In this 3-legged race against time, will Buffalo Head ever turn his beloved coins back to normal, or will a new phenomenon be created while finding a new love in the process.

REVIEWS: Jobessi gives this film a "MS64****"

Just a movie title? I'll set up an entire HORROR FRANCHISE for you:

"DOUBLE DIE" (1977) A bald killer, known only as "Ike", begins killing off teenagers in a quiet sleepy farming community by striking each person twice to the front of the head, and twice to the back. Will sheriff Frank Lin Gasparro be able to unmask the true identity of our killer in time to save the annual Apollo County Fair?

"DOUBLE DIE: REVERSE" (1978) The sequel to last year's box office hit, DOUBLE DIE, suddenly finds escaped convict, "Ike", fearing for his life. When word of Ike's escape reaches local community members, a mob is formed to track down the infamous Double Die killer. Our killer now hides in fear, as our once terrorized town has a thirst for blood. Donald Pleasence reprises his roll role as sheriff Frank Lin Gasparro.

"DOUBLE DIE: FIRST STRIKE EDITION" The newly released high-definition BluRay pack of the original late '70s horror films, "Double Die" and "Double Die: Reverse". Ebert commented on how crisp and strong this high-definition FIRST STRIKE EDITION of the film transfer appears... while others claim not to be able to see a difference, and that all these high-definition transfers are just a marketing ploy to charge a premium on their favorite movies. ;)

The Collector...

Fiction/Drama

" The Collector " gets more then he bargained for when he buys a Double Eagle from the shipwreck USS Central America that has the power to transport him back to 1849, where he meets Mint Chief-Engraver James Barton Longacre. This is a life time dream of the Collector and he sets a course to change History for the good, so he thinks. After returning to modern day he discovers a much different world then he left, his medaling in history has caused Longacre to leave the mint and follow other passions never creating the beloved Double Eagle. A world with out the Double Eagle is to much for the collector to bare so he tries to go back and fix the mess but he can't as the Double Eagle that transported him no longer exist so he must find another way... is there another way...?

There was a contest thread ATS for a coin-related parody movie poster. I thought I hit it out of the park with "A Clockwork Red Brown" (as did the contest benefactor), but sadly the voters disagreed.

clockworkrb2.jpg

The original poster:

clockwork_orange_ver2.jpg