• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1899-O Morgan

8 posts in this topic

i havent bought a coin in awhile, but when i saw this, i knew it was mine. I barely even looked at the obverse, i couldnt take my eyes off the reverse. reminds me of a Phoenix.

these arent my pics, ill take new ones when i get the coin , let me know what you think

if you already know the grade dont cheat! lol

30c60t1.jpg

34sgz7d.jpg

2rzpamw.jpg

I know someone on the other thread had negative connotations about the fingerprint, but I LOVE that kind of stuff on a coin. However, that doesn't mean any ol' dealer's fingerprint on a coin, but a print that is REALLY OLD. I find 100 year old fingerprints ADD to the visible history of the coin. I have a very similar morgan with nearly identical tonning slabbed by NGC with a star grade. So, I'd say MS63*.

i just got it in today

without any light to it , looks like a dirty coin lol

when the light hits it, wow, entire obverse looks like copper

the reverse looks like bronze / copper

its pretty nuts, i will attempt to take in-hand pics when i have the time

oh, and its MS-63 ; nice guesses guys

its really hard for me to take pics of this coin, bc i am already bad as it is at this lol

here are a few that might pass for viewable , the more light i put to it, the more copper it looks, the back has some blues on the upper and left rims. the reverse dazzles compared to the obverse though. i still think its undergraded though. i doubt ill ever submit it to pcgs though.

24mglfq.jpg

291ojyr.jpg

mcezrn.jpg

am7b14.jpg

meanwhile i either need a better camera or better method of taking pics for coins lol.