• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banknote Grading :: yellowish marks

7 posts in this topic

c2fc8e92.jpg

Hello, this note is graded as UNC (no folding marks, sharp corners, original crisp paper etc) but my concern is.. the "yellow marks" on the bottom (done some through inspections, doesn't indicate it was due to prior folding whatsoever)

Can it still be graded as UNC ? Thanks in advance

Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!

A note with a minor stain can indeed qualify as CU (crisp unc). I've even seen certified CU notes that had teller stains on them (stains that occur as a teller is counting through a stack of notes, and wets his/her thumb).

I am not a currency expert by any means, but the note you image might be all right at CU.

c2fc8e92.jpg

Hello, this note is graded as UNC (no folding marks, sharp corners, original crisp paper etc) but my concern is.. the "yellow marks" on the bottom (done some through inspections, doesn't indicate it was due to prior folding whatsoever)

Can it still be graded as UNC ? Thanks in advance

Notes that have been pressed sometimes take on more pronounced discolorations that weren't as visible (from handling) before pressing.

All you need is to have a previous water mark on a note, then press it, and you'll get that type of discoloration

I've seen bills like that "tone" like that before. A good friend of mine who specialized in currency called it "foxing". Not sure if that's what's going on with that one, but it does look familiar.