• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need help to submit some Modern Chinese coins

3 posts in this topic

I just joined NCS recently. I got a coupon for two free submissions to NCS. I am planning to use it on my two Panda coins. They are still in original mint plastic and capsule. Can I submit them without taking them out of their original plastic and capsule?

Thank you.

You certainly can submit any modern coin in the original mint capsule. You may not receive the packaging back once the coin has been conserved and graded, but submitting the coins in the original holders is acceptable.

Chris, NCS

In my experience it is usually best to submit Chinese modern coins in the original plastic, or capsule whenever possible. The only exception would be in the case of some capsules from the late 80's and early 90's where the coin jiggles around in the capsule and causes scuffs on the high-points which reduces the grade of the coin. Lay the coin flat on the temple side and do a test to see if there is significant wriggle in the capsule. If there is then you may want to consider other options. Typically the less a coin is physically handled by human hands the better though. Good luck with your submission!