• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isle of man coins

7 posts in this topic

Hi strange as it is, i am from the Isle of man but most of the coins i have bought have come from the US or Australia. I only collect high grade old isle of man coins 1709 -1860. would be intrested what other collectors have aquired or have to sell or know the best places to look. The Isle of man coin market is so small not to many of us manx coin collectors out there. cheers Mark

Heritage Auctions has two Isle of Man coins listed for their upcoming September World Coin Auction in Long Beach. One is a 1733 - MS 65 BN.

Bidding starts around August 19th according to their website.

Hi TeJas, cheers already got them on watch, but thanks for the tip, the good thing about heritage is they alow you a want and watch list. Although this is the first Isle of man coins for a while that has past through them, think a 1839 proof 1/2d was the last nearly a year ago. But once again realy Appreciate the heads up. thanks!!

showphoto.php?photo=1291&nocache=1

OK, I've got one that might fit the bill. Half Penny 1798 proof 64 RB. The full story is posted at my web site. I collected this because I love the triskeles symbol and I collect M. Boulton/Soho products of the steam engine driven presses he developed along with James Watt.

You can see other products of this mint at my web site (everyone is welcome to post there!):

Moneta Coin Museum and Library

Hi Juno thanks great website but the 1798 coin is also stunning

Really hard finding coins like this of a high grade I do have a proof

1798 1/2d but does have a spot of corrosion on the rev. So not sure

If it can be graded. So do you think this might be for sale. Let me know

If you would like to part with it. Cheers again and all the best

I collect IOM Sovereigns, but that is very recent compared to your collection. Wonder how many Manxmen are members of this forum.