• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price alert for 2011 proof gold buffalo.

2 posts in this topic

Those who collect or cherish US gold buffalo coins will probably already know the 2011 proof was first released by the mint yesterday, Thursday, May 19th, for the price of $1760 plus shipping. At the time the spot price of gold was slightly below $1500 per ounce. It's a very hefty premium to pay over spot, ouch! However, the gold spot price has today shot up to now about $1514, which indicates a looming price increase of the proof to $1810, according to the mint's pricing policy. The mint will most probably wait until next Wednesday to implement an increase, if the average daily price for the week continues to be over 1500. The purpose of this message is to warn of the possibility of a suspension of mint sales if the gold spot price increases further later today or before next Wednesday. In the past, the mint has suspended sales of their products while waiting to make price changes. If you've been holding off on buying a 2011 gold buffalo proof for any reason, but intended to buy one or more, it might be a good idea to act quickly. :o

Thanks for the heads up. I'm holding off for now because I can't justify that much of a premium.

I did just buy a 2009 UHR for $2250 though! What do I know?