• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Book Recommendations

3 posts in this topic

I've been playing around with doing some paper money collecting and need some books. I've got a couple of catalogs but need something more detailed about grading, proper storage and history.

Greetings all,

It's been a while since my last post, but I'm still here and slowly adding to my coins. I've also been playing around with the idea of starting a paper money collection. I'm a big believer in education first so I need some recommendations on what books give the best information on the subject.

Two books that I have gotten on the subject, United States Currency (The Official Red Book) and the Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money, are fine catalogs of what's available but.... I need something that provides more detail on grading and other facets of the hobby. Also, it would be nice if I wasn't limiting myself to just US Currency so what about foreign currency?

Any and all suggestions are welcome either by a reply here or PM.

Happy Collecting,

Phil

See more journals by Phil Nunemacher

Phil,

You should post this question on the paper money forum as well. I recently posted a currency question there and got a prompt response. Good luck with your new endeavour.

Malcolm