• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lateral Peace Dollar Upgrade

13 posts in this topic

Always looking to improve the eye appeal of my peace dollar collection, so I didn't hesitate to replace my NGC MS-64 1926-S with another NGC MS-64 1926-S.

I am pretty confident in my news coins chances of getting a * from NGC.

Old

1303010_DetailsThumb_Obv.png

1303010_DetailsThumb_Rev.png

New

336865856o_s.png

336865856r_s.png

Yes... but i am hoping a trip for NGC * attribution might sway them..... maybe.

Unless you are looking to turn it I would just grab a sharpie and draw a star on there. Call it courtesy of me. I give the coin a star, and I just saved you the money, time, and potential lost in transit or destruction of the USPS (however minute).

Great upgrade though, I really need to find me a nice peace dollar like that sometime.

(insert requisite thumbs up) ( I can't find it. All that ever catches my eye is the dancing banana.)

:banana:

Given the fact that the coin is in a recent NGC holder it would be unlikely to now receive a star. Additionally, the strong prints on the coin would make it tougher to get a star, in my opinion. However, it may certainly happen.

Fingerprints are seen as a negative eye appeal factor by many collectors, thus unlikely to qualify for a star.

Probably true... but here's a Morgan with fingerprints and a star....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1880-S-MORGAN-1-MS-64-STAR-NGC-RAINBOW-COLORS-TONED-/220785578151?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3367d890a7

Actually, they are both nice 1926-S dollars. For some reason, the 1926-S often is. Pretty strange when compared to the 1925-S and 1927-S coins and their often poor strikes.