• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's the weekend. Post a nickel.

79 posts in this topic

OK, is that a 26-S or D? I think it's an S but....??? What did they grade it? hm

However, my fav there is the 19-P. And just think...certain "Kool Aid" drinkers wouldn't buy that because it is in an NGC holder. lol

jom

Hey, Buff...I got a question. Any pointers on how to create that picture you have where you show the coins like they are in a holder...like a Raymond or Dansco? I think that's a great idea for show and tell without having to break out the coins...

jom

OK, is that a 26-S or D? I think it's an S but....??? What did they grade it? hm

However, my fav there is the 19-P. And just think...certain "Kool Aid" drinkers wouldn't buy that because it is in an NGC holder. lol

jom

It's a 26-D graded MS-64. The 19-P is one of my favorites also, it's a true beauty!!

Hey, Buff...I got a question. Any pointers on how to create that picture you have where you show the coins like they are in a holder...like a Raymond or Dansco? I think that's a great idea for show and tell without having to break out the coins...

jom

I have a very good friend right here on this forum that did this beautiful job for me I'll PM you with his name. Oh, I'll just tell you for all to see. His handle id jesbroken and his real name is Jim. If your interested in having this done I'll hook you up....Joe

But honestly the 1913 Buff, the last coin I posted is just amazing.

Yeah, thanks for that. I thought that 26 was a D due to the strike (S usually isn't that bad) but it looks like an "S"...weird.

Mine is a 63 star but I don't see much difference in the two....all I know the one I have the obverse is 65 easy...it's rev that kills the coin.

jom

Yeah, thanks for that. I thought that 26 was a D due to the strike (S usually isn't that bad) but it looks like an "S"...weird.

Mine is a 63 star but I don't see much difference in the two....all I know the one I have the obverse is 65 easy...it's rev that kills the coin.

jom

Yes the reverse is a downer for sure , same with mine. Here's one page of the work that Jim can do for ya. All oof these coins are in holders. This guy is the tops!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuffNickelPage2obvTRIAL-2.jpg

BuffNickelPage2revTRIAL-3.jpg

Those are REALLLLY beautiful Joe!!!

Isn't that just terrific? Joe PM'd me that a couple of weeks ago ATS and I thought it was an AMAZING idea. You get the benefit of how the coins SHOULD look without the cracking out and all the problems involved. Being the inventive genius I am, I'm going to steal this idea and use it for a few of my sets. :devil: I'm not sure I'm going to be able to create such a nice background though....

jom

Those are REALLLLY beautiful Joe!!!

Isn't that just terrific? Joe PM'd me that a couple of weeks ago ATS and I thought it was an AMAZING idea. You get the benefit of how the coins SHOULD look without the cracking out and all the problems involved. Being the inventive genius I am, I'm going to steal this idea and use it for a few of my sets. :devil: I'm not sure I'm going to be able to create such a nice background though....

jom

I really enjoy looking at my set this way. Jim does great work.....Joe

OP- The 1884 pattern J-1725 is struck in aluminum. I am not sure of the exact purpose of the hole but assume that it might have been intended to assist people with impaired vision? The hole in the nickel is octagon and the one cent pattern J-1721 is round.

J1721

J1721tv.jpg