• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone notice how spot price is not same as physical

13 posts in this topic

physical silver is trading far higher than spot prices. (paper silver)

ive heard that there will be 2 prices in the future and this will be the norm

Can you give an example? I just bought some silver rounds yesterday at spot + the usual dealer mark up (my guys charge about $2.50 per coin).

You will never find a dealer selling bullion at spot, they have to build in some profit to keep the doors open.

1 oz silver coins on ebay are goin for $45-$50+ while spot is around $34-$35 right now

1 oz Silver Eagles? They always get a premium because they are harder to find in stock at this time.

However, I can buy them right now from my local dealer for $38.61. eBay is not a good place to look for real coin prices. Must be those buyers are not educated, or do not have local access to a bullion dealer.

Can you give an example? I just bought some silver rounds yesterday at spot + the usual dealer mark up (my guys charge about $2.50 per coin).

You will never find a dealer selling bullion at spot, they have to build in some profit to keep the doors open.

Also, dealers have to pay over spot for coins. For example, I am trying to buy some American Silver Eagles today at $3.50 over spot. No one can get supplies of them at spot.

- Ian

1 oz silver coins on ebay are goin for $45-$50+ while spot is around $34-$35 right now

California Numismatic Investments sells ASE for spot + $4 and buys them at spot + $1.50. I do not know how much supply they have but paying those premiums for a bullion coin is insane.

1 oz Silver Eagles? They always get a premium because they are harder to find in stock at this time.

However, I can buy them right now from my local dealer for $38.61. eBay is not a good place to look for real coin prices. Must be those buyers are not educated, or do not have local access to a bullion dealer.

Actually, eBay sellers don't have a realistic understanding of value. I've been tracking the sales on eBay and many BINs are not selling because the seller has overpriced the item, and these are items listed since the spot price began it's decline over a week ago.

Seems to me that sellers are trying their hardest to get what they can on 1 oz silvers before the price, which can happen, drops below $30. Compared to last month's performance, silver has dropped as much as $15, and is currently $13 off the mark it was in mid April.

Even though I purchased my SAE's at a much lower price than today's spot, I don't think I'd sell any of what I'm holding even at spot + $4. Now the ebay prices, those are just ridiculous.

Actually, eBay sellers don't have a realistic understanding of value. I've been tracking the sales on eBay and many BINs are not selling because the seller has overpriced the item, and these are items listed since the spot price began it's decline over a week ago.

Seems to me that sellers are trying their hardest to get what they can on 1 oz silvers before the price, which can happen, drops below $30. Compared to last month's performance, silver has dropped as much as $15, and is currently $13 off the mark it was in mid April.

I agree with you but I do not see it just on silver bullion but with the coins I track generally. I do not know if they do not really know what these coins should sell for or are trying to find some "sucker' that they can fool. It's probably a combination of both.

One seller that I have bought from is a dealer and has been in business for a decent amount of time. They repeatedly list the same coins over and over again at exhorbitant prices. And the prices are changing all the time, up and down. With the insertion fees being lower now, maybe it does not matter to them but I have no idea who (if anyone) is buying these coins form him.