• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New member asking for help long read sorry everyone

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone thanks for taking the time to read my 1st post on these boards

in 2005/2006 i bought 3 ngc graded coins i am not much of a coin collector more a sports card collector but i can understand the importance of grading and do know that NGC 70 is the highest a coin can grade (please tell me if i am wrong)

so i shelled out around $40-45 for

1 1987 US silver eagle S$1 MS-69

1 2004 US silver eagle S$1 MS-69 (the label on this has an american flag on the top instead of the basic white could never find out what this ment)

1 1999 1c off center MS 65 RD

i was wondering if anyone here could answer a few simple question for me i would be extremely thankful

1) Is there any way to find out how many of each coin is graded that grade (ms 69 ect)

2) on the 2004 silver eagle what does the flag label mean could just be for looks but due to the added cost of ink and having to redesign the label i figured it ment something

3) on the off centered penny the NGC sticker on the back of the case has some problems along with the case itself seeming to have almost air bubbles or gray spots inside the case (i can try to scan if needed ) is there anything that can be done about this if so at what cost

4) more of a coin question then a grading question is a 1999 off centered penny that rare or rather common to me at time time an off centered coin seemed rather rare from even with how many pennis the mint makes

Thanks for your time everyone sorry for the long read

i was wondering if anyone here could answer a few simple question for me i would be extremely thankful

1) Is there any way to find out how many of each coin is graded that grade (ms 69 ect)

2) on the 2004 silver eagle what does the flag label mean could just be for looks but due to the added cost of ink and having to redesign the label i figured it ment something

3) on the off centered penny the NGC sticker on the back of the case has some problems along with the case itself seeming to have almost air bubbles or gray spots inside the case (i can try to scan if needed ) is there anything that can be done about this if so at what cost

4) more of a coin question then a grading question is a 1999 off centered penny that rare or rather common to me at time time an off centered coin seemed rather rare from even with how many pennis the mint makes...

First off, Welcome to the boards! :hi:

Second, I might suggest that you use some punctuation marks... this isn't a cellphone, and punctuation marks make it easier to read a fairly long post like yours.

Third, regarding the population of a coin in any given grade. NGC has an online population report, but I believe that you have pay for it to get access to it. However, if you ask around these boards you'll probably be able to get them to tell you the specific population. I do not have access to the NGC population reports, but I can tell you that PCGS has graded 5,258 MS69 1987 silver american eagles (SAE) and 13,004 MS69 2004 SAE.

Fourth, I'm not sure specifically what the american flag label means as I do not collect the series, but I suspect it might have something to do with "First Strike". First strike is basically a marketing gimmick.

Regarding the condition of the slab of the off center 1 c, it is not uncommon for the holographic stickers on the reverse of slabs to get chewed up over time because many dealers will put their own sticker there with a code that will let them know how much they paid for the coin. As to the slab itself I can't help you there.

As to off centered 1999 1 c, you might contact forum member "Broadstruck" via pm. He is quite good with error coins.

Best of luck and have fun with this hobby.

welcome

ms69 is common for american silver eagles, they have one ounce of silver so their value depends on the silver price.

can't help you with the 1999 1c

perhaps a picture of it would help the others

total graded MS69 in 1987 was 75,495

For the 2004 there were 96,663 graded MS69 and the flag label was just for marketing purposes.

-Chris#2

The American Flag on NGC labels indicates either an early release, or first strike. The coin would have to have been submitted in the unopened, original shipping package the Mint sent it to the buyer in to receive this label.