• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airplanenut's Charity Auction #3: In Memory of BigIndie-- Donations now accepted

1 post in this topic

At the close of my last auction, BigIndie said, "How cool is Airplanenut? He just pulled off another very successful charity auction, raising a grand total of $2,751! Kudos also go out to all the collectors who donated goods for the auction. It's nice to see people do something totally selfless."

Following that quote, the grand total was raised to $3000. As a great supporter of my past charity auctions, this auction is being held in the memory of Michael Dalzell, a husband, father, son, and friend who was lost too soon.

LET'S MAKE MIKE PROUD!

This auction will benefit the Spina Bifida Association of America. As you may know, Michael Dalzell (BigIndie) passed away due to surgery complications regarding a life-long battle with spina bifida this past January. As a friend and supporter, I could think of nothing better to do than to remember Mike with another auction.

In addition to the regular auction items as I've had in the past, this auction will also have a contribution fund towards a special set of coins being presented to Mike's wife, Heather. More information on this set will be available soon, including information on how to donate towards the fund.

I am now ready to take any and all donations, such as US coins, world coins, coin sets, books, etc. My plan is to begin the auction in mid-May, after my AP exams are done, so I will have the necessary time to list items and take bids.

For more information regarding the auction, the charity, and spina bifida, please see the Auction Website. Please feel free to email me (charity@jkwd.com) or PM me with any questions, or to donate items or money towards this endeavor.