• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1899 Indian Head Penny

8 posts in this topic

Your lighting probably reveals more flaws than we as graders have a right to see. I'll take a shot at it. It's in the neighborhood of AU-50/55.

Your lighting probably reveals more flaws than we as graders have a right to see. I'll take a shot at it. It's in the neighborhood of AU-50/55.

Just curious Kurt but isnt that the point of Numisphotography?

to the others thanks for letting me know something I pretty much figured.... I appreciate people being honest :)

Just curious Kurt but isnt that the point of Numisphotography?
I'm saying (and, this is just a guess) this girl looks a lot better in hand than she does in these pictures. These pictures make her look as though she had been in a cat fight only because under this lighting they naturally tend to accentuate every little imperfection. Again, I could be wrong about that, that's just a guess. Technically, on her grade, as I said, I think she's at low-end AU. I also do see she shows some cleaning.

Hey kurt, Thanks for the response, The coin does look pretty good in hand, it most definitely has been cleaned, it has Artificial Toning, and yes Kurt, my lighting situation was horrible, All I had we're those lovely spiral florescent's as I put all my photo taking stuff in storage, I was hoping to capture every little imperfection because the coin does look real good in hand with pleasant re-toning, it was one of my earlier mistakes :) gotta love ebay, I live and learn though... glad it wasn't a to much of a costly lesson...

Beard, there's a wise, old saying. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. Been there, done that, my friend. ;)